Tradesmen InsuranceAs a tradie, your time’s precious. And it’s better spent on the worksite than on worrying. That’s why we’ve created a small business insurance policy for trades people. So whether you’re a brickie, a sparkie, a chippie or plumber, we got you covered. Let us assist you in getting the “Right Cover for the Best Price”

We have designed insurance packages that meet the needs of trades people. Here are just a few of the trades we cover:

  • Carpentry services
  • Electrical services
  • Fencing contractors
  • Gardening services
  • Handyman
  • Landscaping services
  • Painting and decorating services
  • Plumbing services
  • Tiling and carpeting services.

Common trade insurance cover options

We cover the typical risks that trades people face everyday and allow you to choose the cover options you need. Some of these cover options include:

Public Liability

This covers your business when it becomes legally liable to pay compensation for personal injury and / or property damage as a result of an occurrence in connection with your business. For example, you could be sued if someone trips over a hammer left lying around; or if you accidentally put a hole through a customer’s wall.

Business Vehicle Insurance

Provides the same cover and choice as your personal vehicle but it's registered as a vehicle for business use. Necessary for the travelling trades persons who may be at higher risk of accident. Provides financial protection against: loss, damage or theft, property damage, towing costs, redelivery and theft recovery costs and many other liabilities related to motor vehicles many other liabilities related to motor vehicles.

There are several different types of policies available:

Cover for Accidental Loss or Damage to your motor vehicle including legal liability for third party property damage.

Third Party Fire & Theft:
Cover for Fire & Theft to your motor vehicle including legal liability for third party property damage.

Third Party Property Damage:

Covering the legal liability for third party property damage

Plant and Equipment Insurance:

Let us take a look at covering all your mobile machinery: Mobile compressors, Bobcat, Dingo and even your Bulldozer, Excavator or Front End Loader.

Serious damage to your equipment is extremely devastating to any tradesperson – protect your business against any unforeseen events.

Personal Sickness and Accident Insurance:

Make sure your pay cheques don’t stop even if you do. We can assist in providing cover for your loss of income as a result of a defined sickness or accident.


Need cover from burglary at your business premises for stock or contents.

Goods in transit

This option covers the theft of property that you take with you, such as tools and equipment.

Premium Funding:†††††††††††

Connect Insurance also offers all premiums including Workers Compensation, Aggregate Deductibles Levels –Vehicle Registrations to be premium funded.

Pay by the month over a 6,8,9,10 or 12 month contract. Seasonal Payments can also be arranged.†

More Info

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) – Greenslips (save up to 40%)

Special negotiated rates for Connect Insurance have been arranged – contact our office or complete the Quote Form for a premium.

More Info
Have a specialist contact you
Request a Quote