Restaurants, Cafes and other Hospitality Businesses

If you run a restaurant, café or other hospitality business, you only have one thing on your mind – your guests. And because you don’t have time to worry about ‘what-ifs’ Connect Insurance can design a specific insurance policy for your business. Let us assist you in getting the “Right Cover for the Best Price”  .

We’ve made Business Insurance for Hospitality simple, allowing you to choose the cover options that suit you, without having to pay for anything that doesn’t. 


Typical hospitality businesses that we cover

We have designed insurance packages that meet the needs of your hospitality business. Here are just a few of the businesses we cover: 

  • Cafés
  • Catering
  • Restaurants
  • Bed and breakfast


Common hospitality industry insurance cover options

We can have you covered for any typical risks that people in hospitality face everyday and we advise you what cover you may need. Some of these cover options include:


Public and Products Liability

This covers you if someone sues you for personal injury or damage to their property. For example, you could be sued if someone falls due to a spillage on your floor; or if a foreign body in food causes injury to someone.



This will cover your premises and property including things like computer equipment and stock contents.


Fire, storm, malicious damage and other defined events

You may require cover for damage done to things like food supplies, ovens, cooking equipment, electrical appliances, refrigerators, cash registers, computers and printers.


Machinery breakdown

What would happen if your machinery broke down?  the breakdown of motor driven equipment like refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners, ovens, mixers and loss of stock as a result of the breakdown of machinery.


Glass breakage cover

Need your vandalised Window fixed? apart from internal and external glass, you  could cover skylights, mirrors and neon signs, plus sign writing and shuttering. This is important cover for businesses in fixed premises.


Business interruption

Do you need cover for loss of profits, if your business is disrupted by damage to your business property caused by specified events.


Money (including in transit)

How much would you be out of pocket? You could be covered for loss of money, cheques and credit card vouchers held on the premises or in transit. This is useful for businesses that carry money to the bank.


Personal Sickness and Accident Insurance:

Make sure your pay cheques don’t stop even if you do. We can assist in providing cover for your loss of income as a result of a defined sickness or accident.


Business Vehicle Insurance

Provides the same cover and choice as your personal vehicle but it's registered as a vehicle for business use. Necessary for the travelling trades persons who may be at higher risk of accident.Provides financial protection against: loss, damage or theft, property damage, towing costs, redelivery and theft recovery costs and many other liabilities related to motor vehicles many other liabilities related to motor vehicles.

There are several different types of policies available:



Cover for Accidental Loss or Damage to your motor vehicle including legal liability for third party property damage.


Third Party Fire & Theft:

Cover for Fire & Theft to your motor vehicle including legal liability for third party property damage.


Third Party Property Damage:

Covering the legal liability for third party property damage


Premium Funding:           

Connect Insurance also offers all premiums including Workers Compensation, Aggregate Deductibles Levels –Vehicle Registrations to be premium funded.

Pay by the month over a 6,8,9,10 or 12 month contract. Seasonal Payments can also be arranged. 

More Info


Compulsory Third Party (CTP) – Greenslips (save up to 40%)

Special negotiated rates for Connect Insurance have been arranged – contact our office or complete the Quote Form for a premium.

  More Info
Have a specialist contact you
Request a Quote